Monday 7 November 2011

Hallo goede dag!

Well it has been another week and I am amazed how fast time is going by. I cannot believe that Christmas is coming up. I am so excited to talk to people about the Birth of Christ (yes I know that he was not actually born in December) but it is a good time to celebrate his birth. I am so glad that I am here on my mission because I am learning so much. I love the Lord and his gospel. We can be so happy that the Gospel has been restored. Now, what does that actually mean to me? Well when I think about what I want my future family to look like the only way I can imagine it is with the Gospel principle as the foundation of my home. I see so many families in Assen and all over the Netherlands and I just really want to share with them what it means. The Gospel blesses lives. My new Companion Elder McDaniel is a convert to the church and it has blessed his life so much. I am so honored to be able to train him. I love him already. He is such a good guy. All the members that I have met are amazing and good examples of followers of Christ. I love the members all over the world. There was a lady visiting from Honduras or something like that. She spoke no Dutch nor English and I spoke no Spanish but she was a member and I just felt as if I knew her. Such a sweet lady. I am also so happy to see the way people change their lives once they start feeling that the Gospel is true. My life is changing and I can't imagine what my life would be like if I was not on a mission. We went on joint-teach with this family last week and the daughter is preparing to go on a mission. It was a very good experience for all of us. We also had interviews this last week and it was good to talk to the president and his wife. I went on x-changes with an Elder from Brazil. He is also such a good missionary like all the others in this mission. We had fun. We had a really good Sunday and great testimonies and we went to Family Loorbach for dinner and had a great time, We now share a very spiritual experience and I feel at home when I am there. I also act like I am at home. I maybe need to not tell them to serve me like I did yesterday. It was good though and they are just so awesome. I am blessed to have so many friends and family who are on missions or preparing to go, I also should not forget those who already went. I said the word I a lot so now I want to say I love YOU all. You are the motivation, you are the strength, you are the support and you are loved by our Heavenly Father. Thank you all.
I love you all
Love Elder Ellis

No comments:

Post a Comment