Wednesday 5 October 2011

Sweet Week

Hello
So I am extremely sorry that last week was so short. I feel like that there is always so much that happens that its impossible to even give a small update. By now so much has happened again that I can hardly remember what else happened last week. So I am sorry that my e-mail from last week is unfinished. 
On Tuesday we had a great District meeting and it was great to have the Van Komens back ( not just so they could make lunch) They are so awesome. Oh yeah here is what is cool. A journalist from a Dutch newspaper decided to write an article about the Mormon Missionaries and she chose our District. Which meant she not only followed around the Zone Leaders in the District but to also sit in on a District Meeting, held by me. Yeahh.... great. It went well though, she mostly just observed and took notes. The article she wrote mostly talked about the two Elders that she followed around but I was still worried that she would say something like:"Whoever that young guy was that taught the meeting had no clue what he was doing." But no nothing like that. It all went well.
I went on X-change with my long known friend Elder Wilcken ( since we both have been in this District forever.) We went to the Loorbachs for dinner again and it was delicious like always. They always make fun of me because I eat so slow. I guess I do. Aswin then went back to Assen with us to go on joint teach. Both the Ladies we taught are so awesome and one of them has a baptism date. She also came to the General Conference. It was cool. She text us the next day and said that she wants to be baptized one week earlier. Elder Wilcken and I also had a really cool discussion about gospel things, pfffff... what else do you expect from two Elders who have been on a mission for a while. That is all we think about.
Wednesday we had a great rest of the X-change. We did some finding in the park dragging the beautiful weather with us and had some sweet conversations. The people seemed more open since they were walking their dogs and had nothing else to do anyway. We kept quoting scriptures in our contacts. It was powerful to see peoples reactions to it. After the X-change my normal companion and I went to Fam Keuter for dinner (branch Presidents fam) We had a blast there like always.
On Thursday we had a cool finding hour where I tried to convince a lady that God existed. She said that's just what I believe to feel secure. I told her "No you just believe that he is not real" I asked her if she believes in Gravity and she said yes so I dropped my keys and said that no matter what the keys will fall every time. You can say that gravity does not exist, but in the end it does or else the keys would not fall every time. I then boldly said "God lives and he is real" It was cool how the spirit testified to me as I said that.
All I can do is testify. Oh yeah I also gave my first Baptism interview for one of the people that was being baptized in Groningen. That was a really cool experience.
On Friday we went to the Baptism and the journalist also came with her friend and I started talking to them and answering a ton of questions, one of the members then took over. It was really good.
Saturday was also a great day. On Sunday we got to see the Missionary Superbowl aka General Conference, man it was so awesome and I learned so much from it. It was a sweet day. I have to go. I love you all.
 
Love Elder Ellis

No comments:

Post a Comment