Monday 9 July 2012

So Far All is Well

Hello

It has been a great week. Merwin the man that was baptized last week received the Aaronic Priesthood and passed the sacrament already. He is doing so good. It was amazing to see him walk into church randomly one day and six weeks later be baptized. It was such a miracle. We have another few really positive people who will hopefully be baptized soon. One lady is from Ghana and loves making food for us and it is delicious. Let me tell you. 
   So we are teaching some really cool people. We also try to talk to as many people as possible. We get a lot of their info but it is hard to make appointments since they usually respond "Ah just come by whenever and if we are home you are welcome if not try another time" So we have become a lot more straight forward like we ask specifically if they are even interested and we tell them how we can't waste our time and energy just looking them up to see if they are home. I have gotten really bold. 
    Here is a random fact, I have let my hair grow out longer than ever before on my mission, now don't worry I comb it to the side and part my hair so it is still appropriate. I actually liked it. What is funny is that a guy from our ward said that when he was on a mission he just had his hair short and did not have to do anything with it but the last 4 months of his zending he grew it out and gave it a part just like I am doing. So it must be some kind of thing that you do at the end of your mission. Idk.
    This last week we had a Zone Conference where we got to meet the new Mission President and his wife. They are so awesome and I am so excited to work with them. I also went on x-changes with Elder Pope. It was super cool. We had a great x-change. I learned a lot from him. You know being a Zone Leader is is super fun and I just like helping people. Yesterday we approached someone and offered help she was relieved to hear that we wanted to help. Her husband went off on us how we are just advertising for our church and he told us how we are liars and that he does not need help from us. We really just wanted to help. She looked pretty mad at him for not letting us help. When we left it sounded like as if they got into a fight. Oops. Well people my time is up.
I love you all. Best Wishes from
                                             Elder Ellis

No comments:

Post a Comment