Monday 5 December 2011

December!!!!!! Its the most wonderful time of the year

Hello
Chestnuts roasting on an open fire.
Jack frost nipping at your nose.
I am so excited for Christmas. I am listening to Motab Christmas edition all the time and its awesome. There is nothing better than Motab to a missionaries ears besides maybe Alex Boye' or Paul Cardell on the piano. I love the Christmas music and did not start listening to it till December 1st. I can feel that Christmas is in the air, even though thinking of Christmas makes me think of Family (and I do get trunky occasionally) I am very glad and happy to be here in Tha Netherlands on my Mission. The members here are spoiling us and giving us candy, chocolate, and what not left and right. Today is St Nikolaas which is a white bearded man with a red outfit like Santa on a white horse. We have two dinner appointments but the later is more like Hot Chocolate appointment which will be Sweeeettett. 
I am so stoked about what is going on in the Mission, there are miracles everywhere. We had a lady come to church who we met on the street. I think that that was the first time that someone came to church when we invited them without being an investigator. She is now investigating. It was such an awesome Sunday. Testimony meeting was so powerful and spiritual.  I love the members and get to stay here in Assen for the most wonderful time of the year.
This last Tuesday we had a zone p-day and me and Elder Sanchez (the other District Leader) taught District meeting together to both Districts and we then ate Lunch and had our Turkey Bowl. It was so much fun to play American Football, Soccer , and ultimate Frisbee. It was a blast. When we played American Football we got weird looks from people because its not that common in Europe.
I also bought an Arabic Soda at a middle eastern store. Yeah and Fudge Bars, the dates reminded me of all the stories I have of messing with palm trees and working with them and what not. All those times I had to work on the needle pricking trees. Now I look back and miss those times. I remember one time the drippers for one of the trees was broken so it just sprayed out into the ground and after some time created a deep hole which Brandon with his skinny body back then in those days climbed inside and was almost completely under the ground, funny what parents don't know. Anyways I have to go.
I love you all. and miss you
Love Elder Ellis
 
Merry Christmas even though I will write again next week and the week after that before Christmas so .

No comments:

Post a Comment