Tuesday 14 June 2011

I'm in Assen

Hey everybody!
 
Well first off I love being here in Assen with my new companion Elder Johnson. He is a really fun guy who will be going home after this transfer so he is a tad trunky. Last Tuesday we had a great district meeting and than met with the sweet Indonesian lady who will be getting baptized soon. She is so cool and I hope that I will be able to go to her baptism. We also had dinner that night with the branch presidents family. I was so full after since we were fed a ton at district meeting, a little at our investigator, and then with that family. After dinner we played a little basketball with the branch president and his son. On Wednesday we had transfer so I went with all my luggage to Assen. There we did some finding and after about an hour of knocking on doors a 22 year old guy asked us if we were Jehovah Witnesses, we said no so he let us in. We taught a really good lesson, Elder Johnson and I teach very good together. We have just been having so much fun together. On Thursday we had a lesson with one of the few investigators in Assen and it went very well. The week was good we just did finding and other missionary stuff. On Sunday I gave a talk in the branch and I it was about 13 minutes long and man that was me cutting it short. I could have stood up there for ever. The speaker after me did not take a lot of time so we finished sacrament meeting early, so I would have had time to give a long talk. The members there are very nice we got invited to eat both lunch and dinner with two different members. IT was very fun. Yesterday on Pday we had a district pday where we all got together the 8 of us and a member from Groningen to play soccer. Man it was so much fun. I am a little sore now but its not that big of a deal though. Elder Johnson might have sprained his ankle since it really hurts and he is limping. Yesterday was also a holiday so we could not e-mail or shop so we did that today. Man I love being a missionary. Thanks for all your testimonies and letters and e-mails and what not. I love you all.
 
Love Elder Ellis

No comments:

Post a Comment