Monday 22 October 2012

Had a Great Week


Hi everybody!
 
   Just another week has gone by like always. Missionary work has been so great.
Last Monday we had a great p-day in Amsterdam which is also not the best place for two
innocent missionaries.
   Tuesday was such a special day. We went to the temple in Zoetermeer with half of the mission.
It was great seeing all the familiar missionaries that I know. It was such a spiritual feeling and it just felt
great to leave all worldly things behind and focus on the spiritual things. I really felt the spirit especially giving me spiritual guidance. Afterwards we had a Temple conference and had a great training by President Robinson and his wife. They are such an amazing teaching team. They work in unity. After all that when we were back in our own area we had a dinner appointment with an investigator who is the girlfriend of this awesome member. It was such a good lesson focused on Christ and the spirit was so strong to testify.
   On Wednesday we had a great experience, we looked up a person who was not home so we knocked some doors and talked to people on the street. Well nothing much happened so we walked away when the thought came to my mind '' You just barely got here and you are gonna give up that quick'' my first response was ''no... of course not we were just walking'' well the thought to pray for guidance came next. We prayed and stayed in the area, the first lady that walked past us seemed that we needed to talk to her. We had a nice chat and was not interested because she has been through to much in her life to believe that there is a god. After we walked away I had another prompting that was like ''you are gonna give up that easy?'' so we walked back which is the one thing that you don't want to do after you have been rejected and talked to her again. This time around she understood who we were and felt that god sent us to her she opened up and we exchanged information. She is such a nice lady. The spirit is there to guide us and when he prompts us to do something we better do it cause he is not wrong.
That same day we met with Junior before the young adult family home evening. He is so amazing and just understands the gospel. He feels the spirit and is preparing for baptism. We stayed for institute and it was a great lesson.
   Oh Elder on Thursday we looked up my favorite Iraj the Iranian guy and he was home after not being able to get in contact with him for a few weeks. He gave us fruit to eat like always and we took some pics. I love that man. I love the people in in my mission. I love this work.
   On Friday we had a great training by the stake President to all the missionaries in the Zone/stake. He gave such a good training. He introduced to us the stake mission plan of the year 2013. What an inspired Stake President and he will really motivate the members in the stake. Later that night we met with Junior again and had another great lesson.
   On Sunday we had a great church service. I gave a talk. Junior got on a bus that did not stop in Amsterdam and on the same bus happened to be the JOVO that we had on joint teach with him. They both took a bus back and walked to the church together. It was such a miracle because he probably would not have found his way to the church.
   Today was a great P-day, we were able to get some cleaning done and dis some fun stuff. I love the day to day experiences on my mission and in life.
I miss you all and love you. I know that God lives, he gave his only begotten son because of his eternal love for us. I know that Jesus Christ suffered and died for us and our sins, however he lives because he overcame death. I know that he restored his church and that it has the proper priesthood authority and is lead by living prophets and apostles. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that the words in it are the words of Jesus Christ. I know these things because of the Holy Ghost which teaches us of all truth. I leave my testimony with you in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Much Love
                Elder Ellis
                Een Zendeling van
                DE KERK VAN
                JEZUS CHRISTUS
                VAN DE HEILIGEN 
                DER LAATSTE DAGEN

No comments:

Post a Comment