Monday 6 August 2012

This Week Was Great

Hello Everybody

We have been preparing this Colombian mom with her daughter for baptism and they are so ready and we almost had it this weekend but they are struggling coming to church so we need to put it off for a while but I sure hope that they will get baptized this month. 
Also Merwin and Tony two of the guys that were recently baptized just received their first callings as Ward Missionaries. They are both very excited and so are we cause I know that they will grow so much more in the gospel and especially in knowledge and testimony. They are so cool. They are really going to strengthen the ward.
Borkan one of the young men just left for the MTC this morning to go learn German and than to serve in the Alpine mission so for those of you in Austria if he serves in your ward give him a big welcome from me. His name is Elder Abd el Moeti he has a Palestinian father.
   This last week one of the members challenged us to be the first ones at church and to stand out front greeting everyone that comes in. So we did and when we got the Eating Calendar back it was almost completely filled in which means that we left a good impression. It was cool. Its cool to ask members for advice and challenges since they are dutch and they know what would be effective and how we could improve.
   Its super sad the Andersons left and the last time I heard from them was when Elder Anderson gave us a call and gave us a referral of a lady that they had just given a Book of Mormon to. They endured to the end. They are seriously one of the most dedicated couples I have ever seen. They both spoke Dutch as much as they could and even Sister Anderson who spoke no Dutch prior to her coming to the Netherlands learn it in the last two years and she can speak it very well. They have been such an example to me.
   Transfers went well and it was pretty smooth. We just had to stand around the train station form 9 in the morning till about 3 in the afternoon. I may have seen some of the missionaries for the last time on my mission since a few of them went all the way down to Belgium.
   Currently we are teaching a few Africans, from Nigeria,Ghana, and Rwanda. I love teaching all kinds of cultures and ethnic groups.
   On Saturday we had the opportunity to have a Zone Leadership Correlation which is where the Zone Leaders (us) meet with the District Leaders from our Zone. We just went over responsibilities of leaders and how we can work better with each other. It was cool. It also got us all pumped about fulfilling our leadership roles.
   On Sunday I got to translate into German again. this time it was Fast and Testimony meeting. I at least got a lot of breaks but I tell you it sure is hard to translate all those stories being told especially when they use words that I am not so familiar with. It worked out though. The fam from Germany was very nice and I liked practicing my German. we also had an inactive member come and bring his girlfriend and her son. It was cool. I love going to church so much.
   I love the Gospel so much and am so thankful for my savior Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for a church that allows us to learn and to grow. 
Thanks for all your support and prayers.
Much Love
               Elder Ellis

No comments:

Post a Comment