Monday 21 May 2012

The Lord is Merciful

Hello

It has been such a good week. It is so nice to see people change their lives for the better because of the impact the gospel has on them. I have seen so many wonderful people change their lives. I love it. There is the coolest guy ever who will be baptized this weekend in Rotterdam south at 19.00 on Saturday. He has been doing everything to put his live in order. I love his so much. His name is Tony. He is the man. 
   I want to share a miracle with you. I have really been working on talking to everyone and working hard. Well as the week went on we were not finding any new investigators and I felt as if we are doing something wrong when the calm feeling came to me that we need to just continue working hard and that the Lord will provide Investigators for us. On Saturday we fasted to be able to be more consecrated to the work and have more power. We had a fantastic day but then Elder Benson brought up the same concern that we are not finding anyone. I was able to comfort him and promise that we would see a miracle on Sunday and that if we have faith that the Lord will provide. I really had faith and I exercised it. On Sunday as we come into the church almost late for waiting at the metro for someone who did not come we were welcomed by a brother who told us that there is a guy in the room with all the Priesthood holders and he is not a member. This man has been to our church before in Germany and in Eindhoven a while back and now really wants to learn more and we set up an appointment and shared a lesson and he became a new investigator. Then during sacrament meeting I was pulled out of the chapel to go talk to a single mother and her daughter who were waiting outside in the hallway. The lady's mother is a member in Colombia and she wants to come to church from now on and fill the emptiness that she feels inside of her. So both the lady and her daughter also became new Investigators. The Lord really did provide for us. I am just glad that we gave our best this past week to be worthy of such a blessing and that the Lord trusts us with his precious children. I know that God loves all his children and he will lead them to us as we gain his trust. I love the Lord.
  It is the most rewarding feeling when you feel the spirit working through you and when you can say something and know that the spirit is backing you up. I love this work. I know that my redeemer lives and that we can repent and feel joy through the gospel. I know that his church has been restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith and that he leads the church today through the Prophet, Thomas S. Monson. I can feel the love that the Savior has for all of us and all he wants us to do is come unto him, love him and keep his commandments. He gave his life for us so that we can live. He is the Redeemer of the world. Jesus Christ lives. God is merciful and loves showing mercy to his children. That is a characteristic of God, the very thrill of extending his mercy to us even when we sometimes feel not worthy of it. Let us do our best to become more like him by following our perfect example Jesus Christ. I love him and God. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
I love you all. I miss you and I am thankful for all the prayers and support. 
Love Elder Ellis 

No comments:

Post a Comment