Tuesday 3 January 2012

Happy New Year

Hello everyone.
I am sorry that I did not e-mail last year/week. Monday my P-day was a holiday here in the Netherlands so the library was not open. I was also really busy the rest of the week so I could not e-mail. I hope that everyone had a good Christmas and a Happy new Year celebration. I also hope that you all will have a good start into the year 2012. I am very excited to work in helping people come unto Christ. I have set some goals for this year and am excited to accomplish them.
I found out about transfers last night so I guess I should go ahead and tell you all what is going to happen. I am ........ finally leaving.
I am leaving Assen, I am leaving the Groningen District that I have been in my entire Mission so over a year, and I am even leaving the Apeldoorn Zone, I am however not leaving the country (Netherlands) I am going to Almere which is pretty close to Amsterdam which is also where we will be having District Meeting every week. My new Companions name is Elder Li, he is Chinese but grew up in America. He was Elder McDaniels (my comp in Assen) MTC companion. I am super excited, I will also be the District Leader in Almere. Oh another funny fact, the apartment that I will be in is a four man apartment, Elder Merrill and Elder Fullmer will also live there. Elder Fullmer has been in my District and is really cool and Elder Merrill used to be my companion in Assen for 2 transfers and 2 weeks. So it will be so much fun but we will stay focused on the work so no worries.
Well I will write my address at the end of my e/mail.
Now, Christmas was awesome, I talked to my Mom in Austria and the Stouts in America. We were at a members house for Christmas day and we had fun and ate really good food that he made. The next day we also had a Christmas dinner with another member since they have the 2nd Christmas day here.
I went on another exchange in Zwolle with Elder Bickham and we worked really hard and had a good time. It was so cool to be back in Zwolle.
All in all we had a really good week and a lot of fun times. Good dinner appointments and even sometimes Lunch.
I love the members here in Assen and will really miss them all. I will also miss the investigators. I will miss Assen and most of all I will miss the Van Komens. The are the best. I love them so much (they are the senior couple in Groningen for those of you that don´t know).
At a certain appointment we were teaching someone who has read a lot of Anti stuff online and is more busy looking at really negative stuff than looking at positive stuff. Probably more negative than the Scriptures themselves. This person is very religious but against the Book of Mormon and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. I once again bore powerful testimony of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon and the Church. I felt the spirit so strong and my testimony grew. Let us all bare our testimonies more this year and let people around us feel the spirit when we do. I love you all and miss you.
A very happy 2012.
Love Elder Ellis
 
new address
Elder Jonathan Ellis
Stadhuisplein 13a
1315 HV Almere Stad
Nederland
 
I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment